NGCB CEO refutes payment allegations on social media

The National Gaming Control Board (NGCB) has rejected allegations of payments and donations involving former Board Trustee Steven Temo.
NGCB Chief Executive Officer and Registrar Imelda Agon in a statement last Friday said the claims circulating on social media were unfounded and baseless, with the Board’s records showing that no such donations were made.
The response comes after PM Marape directed the NGCB to investigate the allegations surrounding the purported payments and donations.
“Our records revealed that these claims are unfounded and baseless. I state on record to the people of Papua New Guinea that there were no such donations,” Ms. Agon said.
Ms. Agon described the allegations as outrageous and urged the public to approach such matters with caution, warning that misinformation can be weaponized by individuals with ulterior motives and political interests aimed at tarnishing the good reputation of the NGCB.
“The NGCB is one of many respected government agencies, a leading revenue generator and one of few top performing entities in the country,” she said.
She said the NGCB’s Community Benefit Fund operates under strict guidelines to ensure transparency and accountability.
Every decision by the Board to donate is made through a stringent funding assessment and acquittal process administered by the Community Benefit Fund Secretariat, she said.
“We stand by our commitment to uphold the highest standards of good governance and accountability,” Ms. Agon said.
“Our focus remains on serving the community with transparency and integrity through Board’s Community Benefit Fund Program and ensure every donation is used for its lawful and intended purpose.”
She said it remains committed to good governance and accountability in the management of its Community Benefit Fund and other responsibilities.
Steven Kenda
Steven Kendahttp://www.thepngsun.com
Mr Steven Kenda holds a Bachelor of Art in Journalism and Public Relations from the University of Papua New Guinea (UPNG).

━ Related News

Give us Dual Citizenship: We want to give back to our home country

166 foreign nationals in the country last week received their dual and naturalized citizenships, while nearly 30,000 Papua New Guinean-born people living in Australia...

PM Marape welcomes Australian Deputy PM Richard Marles, says PNG-Australia relations at historic high

Prime Minister James Marape has welcomed Australian Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Richard Marles to Papua New Guinea, saying the relationship between the...

PM Marape salutes Wame Blood for representing PNG at Pacific Music Awards

Prime Minister James Marape has congratulated Papua New Guinean music group Wame Blood for representing the country at the 2026 Pacific Music Awards in...

PM Marape orders NGCB to verify alleged payments, name misuse

Prime Minister James Marape has directed the National Gaming Control Board (NGCB) to investigate serious public allegations involving payments reportedly linked to former trustee...

No more manual cheque runs; PNG Fire Service adopts Electronic Funds Transfer System

The Papua New Guinea Fire and Rescue Service will no longer be printing manual cheques for its service providers following the launch of its...