KAPAVORE JUSTIFIES WHY HE RETURNS TO GOVT

The pressure from his LLG presidents and his people, the Marape-Rosso Government’s continuous financial support and projects throughout all the seven Local Level Governments (LLGS) in Pomio District, East New Britain Province, have prompted local MP, Elias Kapavore to reconsider his alliance back to the government from the Parliamentary Opposition.

He said he was also pressured by his LLG presidents and his supporters to return to Government which he left three months ago. He was amongst the Government MPs who defected from the Government rank and sided with the Parliamentary Opposition.

Kapavore said in a media statement today that his return to Pangu Pati had been influenced by the concerned LLG Presidents who pleaded with him to do so for the best interest of the District and her people.

Mr Kapavore continued that Pomio District has been overlooked by previous governments but after joining PANGU Pati: We have seen a lot of support especially with the connection of the missing link along the south coast corridor.”

Apart from that major road connectivity along the south coast, there are a number of bridges delivered to the district, some have been opened while others are under construction to link up wards and LLGs to the headquarter at Palmalmal, and to the provincial capital of Kokopo city, Kapavore said.

“We have built 4 bridges in the district and now we have materials for a 100meter bridge for Melkoi river and others like Tolo river. So, to respond to the requests by the LLG Presidents and the people of Pomio District, I want to make known my intention to ask the Prime Minister to join PANGU,” he said.

Therefore, Hon. Elias Kapavore has unofficially announced his decision to return to the Government side, following requests by the LLG Presidents of Pomio District under the development investment of  Marape- Rosso Government.

He said that PANGU Pati was the founding political party of the country’s government and has been the party for a lot of political leaders from Pomio District and East New Britain province in the past.

Mr. Kapavore after his defection to the Opposition this year, Sinivit LLG President Boniface Gerep made the first appeal, and this was followed by Melkoi LLG President Thomas Osa juts recently.

Mr. Kapavore announced last night that he agreed with the sentiments raised by the Presidents for Sinivit and Melkoi LLGs on the fact above so his return to Government is also determine by the best interest of his councilors, community leaders and his people.

He said that they are pleased with the response from Mr. Kapavore, and that they will continue to provide their support.

The Melkoi LLG President Thomas Osa: “We saw that PANGU Pati recognized Pomio District when the Member was with the government side, apart from the bridges, we also got support to purchase the MV Pomio 2 vessel that is servicing the people along the south coast to the western part of the New Britain Island.”

Steven Kenda
Steven Kendahttp://www.thepngsun.com
Mr Steven Kenda holds a Bachelor of Art in Journalism and Public Relations from the University of Papua New Guinea (UPNG).

━ Related News

Papua New Guinea and Australia strengthen coordination on TVET reform

The Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST) recently brought together development partners for an inception workshop to inform Australia’s newest four-year...

PM: COI on ‘Black Wednesday’ a blueprint to rebuild PNG police

Prime Minister, James Marape has formally received the Final Report of the Commission of Inquiry (COI) into the January 10, 2024, riots in Port...

PNG Dataco backs ITI AI Summit with K30, 000 platinum sponsorship

Papua New Guinea’s state-owned broadband provider, PNG Dataco, has come on board as the platinum sponsor of the upcoming ITI AI Summit, presenting a...

PM Marape demands performance step-up across PNG Power and Government systems

Prime Minister, James Marape has issued a clear call for a performance step-up across PNG Power Ltd and relevant government agencies, following a detailed...

National Government’s 10’000 police manpower is on track: RPNGC expands recruitment intake

The Royal Papua New Guinea Constabulary has announced an additional recruitment drive at the Bomana National Centre of Excellence in the National Capital District,...