FIVE EXPAT ROBBERS WERE DETAINED

Five of the seven suspects who robbed off three expatriates last Sunday at around 11.05 am, near 7-Mile next to Exxon Mobil Headquarter in Port Moresby were apprehended by Six- Mile police officers on Sunday.

According to police report filed by the expatriates, the seven-armed men who were armed with homemade guns robbed them off their valuables, including documents and properties.

The properties stolen included: iPhone, Drone, Wallet, Visa cards, and bank cards.

Six Mile Police officers after receiving the report, did their intelligence work that led to the successful apprehension of the five.

Bruce Amos, Six Mile Police station commander Inspector had confirmed that the five are now detained at Six Mile Police Station for questioning.

Station Commander, Bruce Amos said in a statement that: “two who are still on the run are known to the police and they will be apprehended soon.”

Station Commander, Mr. Amos had also called on the two to surrender themselves to the police.

He said they are known, and the police will still come after them.

Thereafter, Station Commander, Mr. Amos thanked his officers for the job well done in apprehension of the five.

He also thanked the other units who assisted the Six Mile Police office.

Steven Kenda
Steven Kendahttp://www.thepngsun.com
Mr Steven Kenda holds a Bachelor of Art in Journalism and Public Relations from the University of Papua New Guinea (UPNG).

━ Related News

Share your views and ideas; we want to better understand your needs and work with you all: Governor Parkop told youths

National Capital District Governor Powes Parkop has called on young people to take an active role in shaping the future of Port Moresby and...

NCD cleanathon brings inmates, warders, police, firefighters and community together

Inmates and officers from Bomana Correctional Institution, members of the PNG Fire and Rescue Service, Waigani Police officers and NCDC staff collaborated last week...

NGCB CEO refutes payment allegations on social media

The National Gaming Control Board (NGCB) has rejected allegations of payments and donations involving former Board Trustee Steven Temo. NGCB Chief Executive Officer and Registrar...

Give us Dual Citizenship: We want to give back to our home country

166 foreign nationals in the country last week received their dual and naturalized citizenships, while nearly 30,000 Papua New Guinean-born people living in Australia...

PM Marape welcomes Australian Deputy PM Richard Marles, says PNG-Australia relations at historic high

Prime Minister James Marape has welcomed Australian Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Richard Marles to Papua New Guinea, saying the relationship between the...